A Safe Environment
Praesidium was started more than 20 years ago in response to a request from a youth serving organization that was reeling from an incident of child sexual abuse. At that time, little was known about how abuse occurred in organizations and what could be done to stop it.
After two decades of research and experience with more than 4,000 youth and vulnerable adult serving organizations, Praesidium knows who's at risk, what types of programs are the most dangerous, and where and under what circumstances incidents and false allegations are most likely to occur.
Armed with this knowledge, Praesidium has built a comprehensive range of products and services to help your organization.
Learn more about Praesidium’s history, our expert team, and the methodology behind our work.
Safety Bulletin Blog
- Nov 28, 2017
- Holiday Risks: Are You Prepared?
The end of the year is a time for fun and festive holiday celebrations – often a time for bringing i…
- Oct 25, 2017
- The Five W’s of Bullying and Tips for Prevention
Bullying can occur in any youth-serving organization. Research shows that every 7 min…
- The Impact
- About Praesidium
- Anonymous Reporting Hotline
- Background Checks
- Bullying Prevention
- Catholic Men’s Religious Accreditation
- Catholic Safe Environment
- Getting Your Board on Board
- Insurance Advantage
- Incident Investigations
- Litigation Support
- Know Your Score!
- Policy Development
- Certified Praesidium Guardian
- Reputational Risk Management
- Risk Assessment and Accreditation®
- Screening and Selection
- Youth and Parent Education